While the industry outlook for the new year is positive overall there are a few unpredictable macroeconomic factors to take into account when preparing your business for success in 2019. On the legislative side, policy makers are grappling with immigration as well as the uncertain impacts of tariffs and potential trade wars. Any one of these topics could have a trickle-down effect on the construction industry. Along with issues on global stage, unemployment is at an all-time low and expected to drop from 3.8% this year to 3.6% in 2019, and decrease further in 2020 putting a strain on the growth of the construction workforce. (possible edits to paragraph 2)
If you’re a contractor, how can you increase business when so many factors that impact your success are out of your control? With that challenge in mind, our team focuses on providing answers, not only with high-performance products, but also a suite of innovative services spanning logistics, project management, and consulting.
Here are just a couple of ways we try to put more control in the hands of our customers:
Optimizing Concrete Ordering and Logistics
This is a digital technology that quite literally puts control of concrete ordering and logistics at our customers’ fingertips. Using the ConcreteDirect Smartphone App, customers can add or subtract an order, confirm or change the mix, track deliveries in real time and automate some of the administrative work.
- Optimize labor costs through better allocation of teams on the jobsite
- Reduce uncertainties related to ordering and delivery
- Decrease administrative costs for account management
- Reduce jobsite delays and financial penalties
ConcreteDirect will be available to customers throughout the US in early 2019. Talk to your sales representative to learn how you can enroll in the program.
Innovations in Concrete for Exceptional Performance Standards
According to the most recent Commercial Construction Index report, skilled concrete labor is the trade category suffering from some of the greatest shortages, adding to pressures to control project timelines and productivity. With that in mind, we offer a range of proprietary mixes that can accelerate work schedules, improve productivity and meet expedited job completion schedules. For example:
- High-strength Agileflow® (formerly known as Agilia) Self-Consolidating Concrete mixes are custom-designed to achieve optimal flowability and workability, as well as various strength requirements without the need for vibration – saving on project labor. Additional advantages include superior non-segregation properties for greater structural integrity and high-quality architectural finishes on exposed surfaces.
- RAPIDFORCE® (formerly known as Chronolia) High Early Strength Concrete achieves a rapid specified strength gain of 3,500 psi in only 24 hours. Saving time and improving the productivity of your worksites, RAPIDFORCE quickly develops high mechanical resistance; formworks can be removed three to five times faster than standard concrete.
Talk to your sales representative to learn more about how we can help you be successful in 2019.